The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is seeking an experienced administrator to aid the Executive Director in leading the Housing Authority. An exceptional housing candidate with procurement, budget and/or HR experience would also be considered. The ideal candidate will have a number of traits and experience that will translate to greater success:
- The size and culture of the AHA allows for an agency that is more agile than most, requiring the executive team to move quickly – yet deliberately.
- The Deputy Executive Director will be a hands-on, working position. The selected candidate will find an abundance of areas to make rewarding contributions as the Housing Authority moves to refine and optimize its operations.
- As the AHA continues to be innovative and adopt best practices, staff are faced with a tremendous amount of change. The Deputy Executive Director will need effective change management skills and will need to work closely with HR on staff and supervisor development.
- The executive team at AHA is strong and skilled, requiring this position to be someone that is quick on his/her feet and decisive, yet with a good sense of humor and a collaborative approach.
- Experience with budgeting and employee relations in a government entity is key, as is a customer service orientation. Prior experience directing procurement, information technology or risk management is preferred. Strong supervisory skills, with the ability to effectively manage individual contributors, are essential.
- Strong writing and presentation skills are crucial to ensure highly responsive and effective communications.