Transbay Joint Powers Authority, CA is seeking an Executive Director. The ideal candidate is a decisive leader and manager of people who inspires teamwork and values the contributions of staff, management, and stakeholders alike. This person has a track record of ‘getting things done’ under sometimes challenging circumstances in a collaborative and professional manner. They will establish and maintain close working relationships with a significant list of stakeholders, which require exceptional communication skills and political astuteness. A demonstrated change agent who builds consensus along the way and enjoys the challenge of building a cohesive vision out of strong diverse opinions will find this position both challenging and rewarding.
In addition, the successful Executive Director will exhibit the following attributes and/or characteristics:
- Brings immediate credibility and the ability to inspire confidence and quickly establish mutual respect and trust with the Board, staff, and stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker who understands the political nuances of provocative issues and possesses the emotional intelligence to know when to foster consensus or recommend options for a change of course.
- A strong mentor and leader who values the input and expertise of staff, supports professional development, and fosters an internal culture of open communication, trust, and accountability.
- Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understands the importance of community outreach, transparency, and communication.
- A visionary who exercises initiative and creativity coupled with sound judgement in addressing challenging issues and recommending well-researched solutions.
- An open, honest communicator who embraces the need for collaboration to achieve long-term results.
- Significant financial acumen regarding the diversity of transportation funding.
- A public servant leader committed to sustainability.