South Coast Air Quality Management District is seeking a proven executive with a successful track record of managing across multiple teams to shepherd our work improving air quality in environmental justice communities. This executive management position will report to the Deputy Executive Officer (DEO) Sarah Rees. This position is the lead for the community program portion of AB 617, overseeing the unit responsible for developing community emissions reduction plans and provides in-house subject matter expertise for the District.
Examples of Duties:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations and activities of assigned directorate functions in accordance with established South Coast AQMD goals and objectives; coordinates activities with other South Coast AQMD functions and outside agencies; and assures proper controls for complying with legislative and regulatory requirements and professional practice.
- Directs, through subordinate management staff, the development and implementation of policies and procedures that are consistent with South Coast AQMD's mission and objectives and that comply with state and federal laws.
- Assigns responsibilities and establishes lines of authority; evaluates the effectiveness of programs and management personnel and makes recommendations to the Executive Officer or other Designated Deputy.
- Ensures that operations and activities assigned to directorate units are consistent with legal mandates and with generally accepted practices.
- Serves as a technical expert and represents South Coast AQMD or directorate before the South Coast AQMD Board, hearing bodies, professional groups, environmental and business representatives, and the general public.
- Represents South Coast AQMD in interacting with public- and private-sector officials, community groups, and the general public on a variety of issues that impact South Coast AQMD.
- Consults with and advises South Coast AQMD Board Members and the Executive Officer or other Designated Deputy on legislative matters and other issues as required.
- Directs the preparation of reports, contracts, grant proposals, technical papers, South Coast AQMD documents, and correspondence.
- Directs the preparation and monitors directorate budgets and makes recommendations on resource allocations and fixed asset purchases.
- When assigned, acts on behalf of the Executive Officer or other Designated Deputy.