The Cow Palace Arena and Event Center is seeking a Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the operations of the event center. The CEO develops policies and procedures that impact the venue and the staff as well as manages the day-to-day operations. As an active participant in events, the CEO plays a critical role in supporting and assisting the staff. The CEO is responsible for all hiring and human resource decisions relating to the venue staff. Some of the other critical duties include the following:
- Oversees, manages, and provides direction to all employees, including performance evaluations, supervision, discipline, training, and safety.
- Provides leadership in board development and board member responsibilities and recommends and carries out a long-term strategic plan.
- Represents the Cow Palace in meetings with other state agencies, fairs, facilities, local government, media, various community organizations, and industry trade associations.
- Develops and oversees the annual budget (approximately $5 million annually) and provides regular financial updates.
- Makes recommendations to the board on capital improvements, long-term leases, and operational budgets.
- Oversees all contract related work for the facility, including insuring that adequate liability insurance and proper purchasing procedures are followed.
- Oversees the Grand National Rodeo and Jr. Livestock Show. Secures sponsorship and other funding for the event.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all facilities and equipment and promotes the use of the facility to generate additional revenues and improve relations with the community.