The City of Bozeman is seeking a Finance Director. The Finance Director’s principal function is to provide leadership for the City’s Finance Department, including directing, planning, and overseeing all activities and operations of the department. There are 14 total positions, including the Director, a Treasurer, Controller, and a Budget Analyst.
Other major duties include the following:
- Directs planning and preparation of the City’s annual operating budget. (The department has received the Distinguished Budget Award from GFOA for 29 years in a row).
- Analyzes the financial condition of all City funds, and makes appropriate recommendations concerning tax, rate, and fee changes.
- Monitors and evaluates City revenues and expenditures.
- Manages the development and implementation of the Department’s goals.
- Oversees the financial compliance audit for the City of Bozeman.
- Prepares the City’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Participates in labor negotiations and in the administration of collective bargaining agreements.