City of Cincinnati is seeking an exceptional and progressive leader to serve as its Chief of Police. The City desires a forward-thinking, collaborative leader who can engage with an active, diverse and involved community, has experience leading and innovating on public safety issues, and has a demonstrated commitment to community-oriented policing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience cultivating and building relationships in a diverse community, with an orientation towards being visible, approachable, solving problems, engaging and making the community a partner.
- Has a clear and comprehensive understanding of the principles of effective leadership and management. A successful Chief will be charismatic, is comfortable with conflict and has unquestioned integrity.
- Have experience implementing new and improved police methodologies, policies, and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the department and the City. Be open to change to support the achievement of goals.
- Be committed to transparent, non-biased leadership on the job in public and private.
- Be familiar with gun violence reform and best practices across the country. Establishes a commitment to work with the City Manager and community members to examine and execute gun violence reform.
- Have experience establishing and prioritizing a great rapport with staff and officers. Has experience building a deep and mutual respect with the Police Department and the Community. Understand the importance of establishing great communication with Officers, City Officials, Community-at-Large, and other regional police forces.