The City of Madera is seeking a Public Works Operations Director. The Public Works Operations Director is a critical department head position. The Director oversees Streets and Storm Drainage, Electrical and Facilities, Water and Sewer; and the Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Director also oversees management of the solid waste contract and the general aviation airport.The following are some of the priorities, initiatives, and challenges facing the next Director:
- Continue to develop new Safe and Clean Team, a component of the Streets & Storm Drainage division.
- Maintaining fiscal balance in rate-funded enterprise programs.
- Shaping the culture to ensure a high performing work force.
- Improving service delivery through continued implementation of a new electronic work order system.
- Developing and identifying staff to take on greater leadership roles in the department.
- Working collaboratively with the City’s Engineering Department to plan for critical infrastructure maintenance and replacement projects.