The California Department of General Services is seeking a Chief, Office of Fleet and Asset Management!
The Chief has general oversight and responsibility over all OFAM operations. Specifically, the Chief will be responsible for:
- Serving as the transportation policy advisor for California state government operations
- Developing, implementing and enforcing policies to manage the acquisition, maintenance, and disposition of State vehicles and the reutilization and disposition of surplus property items.
- Providing thought leadership in transportation policies and programs to address climate change
- Overseeing the operation and maintenance of 4500+ vehicles leased to 77 state agencies
- Advising the DGS Director, Government Operations Agency and Governor’s Office on matters relating to state transportation and asset management policies
- Overseeing the Statewide Travel Program (approx. $120 million in annual spend)
- Managing DGS Parking Facilities
- Identifying future program opportunities and setting policy to achieve desired future outcomes
OFAM is looking for a strategic and innovative leader who has experience with the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and regulations that impact government agencies. This dynamic individual will have exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability present complex information in a clear and concise manner. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing effective leadership to a cross functional team and will be able to:
- Develop, review, and execute contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively manage, provide leadership, and give clear direction to subordinate staff at multiple levels.
- Exude drive and commitment to excellence with demonstrated experience in sustainable transportation policies and initiatives.
- Understand the importance of strategic planning, performance evaluation, change management, and organizational development.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with state, federal, and local agencies.
- Demonstrate personal qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgement, and the accountability for self and entire team.
- Effectively present OFAM related issues before the Governor, Legislature, local government, state boards and commissions, various state agencies and the public.
- Oversee and understand the state budget process, legislative process, and highly sensitive and complex issues.
- Think critically and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive, proactive attitude and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Apply by following these 3 EASY STEPS!
Step 1: Create a CalCareers Account - Complete a Standard State Job Application (STD 678)
Step 2: Search for Jobs in your CalCareers Profile - In the Advanced Filters area, type in 399952 in the Job Code section.
Step 3: Follow the instructions and APPLY! - The STD 678, resume, and responses to the Statement of Qualifications are REQUIRED.