California Department of Housing and Community Development is seeking a SSM III – Disaster Recovery Branch Chief. HCD needs your talent to assist in California’s Disaster Recovery efforts caused by wildfires, flooding, mud, and debris flows – help make a difference!
HCD is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to oversee the Disaster Recovery Branch and direct a branch of professional staff responsible for design, implementation, and administration of federally funded HCD programs including the Community Development Block Grants Disaster Recovery and Disaster Mitigation programs.
Job Code #: JC-217434
Position #(s): 401-254-4802-901
Working Title: Disaster Recovery Branch Chief
Classification: Staff Services Manager III
Work Location: Sacramento County
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
· Demonstrated successful experience developing highly sensitive and complex major new funding programs.
· Experience in building, training, developing, and managing a large new team in the implementation of major new programs.
· Experience building successful internal and external partnerships.
· Experience identifying, recommending, and/or leading organizational and/or process improvements.
· Experience with establishing a customer-focused culture among managers and staff.
· Experience in meeting grant conditions and requirements.
· Experience administering Housing, Infrastructure and Economic Revitalization programs