The City of Aurora, CO is seeking a City Clerk. Under the general direction of the Deputy City Manager, the City Clerk is responsible for the daily operations of the City Clerk’s office including management of office functions and staff. The City Clerk manages a budget of $570,681 and supervises three direct reports including a Records Supervisor, a City Clerk Analyst, and an Agenda Coordinator. Additional key areas of responsibility include:
- Election Coordination: Provides expertise in support of special and regular elections by providing direction and coordination of election functions and staffing the Election Commission.
- Council Relations: Serves as an advisor to City Council by aiding with City Council agendas, attending meetings, making presentations, and educating City Council candidates on the election process.
- Leadership: Develops and leads a dedicated office staff in providing excellent service while developing operational priorities, goals, and objectives for the City Clerk’s office.
- Compliance Oversight: Actively engages in activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and charter, including developing procedures for Colorado Open Records Act requests and oversight of redistricting requirements.
- Records Management: Direct records management functions in a rapidly changing environment.
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Salary: $90,654 - $120,000