Our amazing brains function at high levels and with predictable patterns. Often the way we work and interact with others short-changes the effectiveness of the brain. Learn methods that align your management of people with the way the brain functions as it takes in, organizes, and assimilates information. Since every organization is a learning organization, it is important to partner with the brain’s natural tendencies when leading your team. Research shows the brain becomes more active with stimulus and novelty. Learn creative ways to kick-start the brain to generate more engagement and productivity. Create a workforce that is alive, innovative, and energetic, even in the face of routine work.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in state service.
• Review the basic regions and functions of the brain as they relate to learning and working
• Learn how the culture of “WOW” can re-energize your workplace and your teams
• Discover 12 brain principles for provoking innovation and high morale at work
• Create ideas for brain-based experiences you can introduce to your workplace
• Learn aspects of a brain-compatible environment and generate ideas to transform your workplace