This course, intended for managers, supervisors and individuals in leadership positions, is designed to enhance skills and competencies that will promote teamwork, participation and employee involvement. The course focuses on teamwork, communication, leadership, conflict management and facilitation – skills that will improve your ability to create a collaborative and synergetic work environment.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in state service.
• Promote team effort and team success
• Interact effectively with others and create an environment of open communication
• Identify your leadership style and strengths, and learn to apply them effectively and with confidence
• Manage conflict constructively
• Facilitate meetings efficiently through effective group participation and involvement