This one-day class will help you improve your communication skills in the vital area of listening. Effective listening habits improve relationships at work, provide the opportunity to learn and have a positive impact on productivity. Listening is a very powerful tool, but it is rarely taught in school.
Listening skills help in many work situations, including problem solving, meetings, helping customers and others stay calm during disagreements, speaking to someone with a language barrier and helping people think through options.
• Distinguish among several different levels of listening
• Recognize and avoid poor listening habits
• Use a variety of effective listening skills
• Describe your preferred listening style(s)
• Display appropriate nonverbal listening behaviors