Emotional Intelligence describes the ability to monitor one’s own and other people’s emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior.
For leaders, it also provides great insight into how emotions influence motivation and performance. In this course, leaders will explore the concepts of emotional intelligence and mindfulness, how they interrelate, and how to apply this knowledge to focus on executing your mission, and deliver business results. You will learn what emotional intelligence is, work on developing your “EQ”, and apply emotional intelligence principles and practices to leadership and management situations.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in State service.
• Assess your emotional intelligence
• Assess how your EQ and leadership impacts the performance of individuals and the organization
• Apply mindfulness and emotional intelligence practices to your leadership behavior(s)
• Practice communications, verbal and non-verbal, and articulate the importance in establishing a climate of trust, transparency, and inter-dependence
• Apply an “Ability-Based” EQ model to assess your self-awareness, self-management and social awareness towards a workplace leadership challenge
• Create an action plan for workplace application