We all want to be more resilient in every area of our life. What is resilience? Dictionary.com defines resilience as the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched. To improve our resiliency, we start by identifying factors that impact our ability to be successful. These challenges, when experienced over extended periods of time, can wreak havoc on our body, memory, brain health, mental health, and can destroy happiness. Nearly 50 percent of all U.S. workers feel overwhelmed by a growing number of job tasks and longer working hours. Lack of resilience in the workplace very often leads to job burnout, poor working conditions, and lower productivity. How can you effectively become more resilient and increase performance in today’s demanding work environment?
• Learn to assess your current level of resiliency
• Learn to avoid job burnout Learn to deal with overload effectively
• Learn to enhance resiliency during stressful times
• Learn to take renewal breaks during your workday
• Practice simple relaxation techniques you can even do at your desk
• Gain resiliency and relaxation techniques that you can apply immediately to your job and your life
• Have fun!