High performance and collaborative teams actively engage in working through issues and problem solving together. Often teams are created on the fly to work and solve a specific issue or challenge. Collaborative teams need engagement with strong problem solving, decision making, collaboration and conflict resolutions skills to be effective.
In this course, participants will build and enhance their skills and competencies as leaders to promote teamwork, collaboration and participation, open and responsive communications, as well as critical thinking and proactive problem resolution to improve organizational performance and achieve business results.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in State service.
• Learn the characteristics of stages of team development
• Identify and overcome challenges in team collaboration
• Communicate and interact effectively with others
• Identify areas you might improve to become a more effective team leader
• Create an environment to include the 7 elements of engagement
• Establish a team ethos and culture
• Practice and encourage collaboration to resolve conflict
• Release team creativity
• Adapt to change
• Leverage tried and true tools for problem solving