Confidence can help you accomplish your goals and build strong relationships. It allows you to effectively lead your teams and maintain professional credibility with peers. Projecting confidence is often the difference between success and failure. In this course, we will explore the concepts that will help you to demonstrate confidence at work allowing you to show up as your best self.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in state service.
• Identify the differences between assertiveness, confidence, influence and power
• Understand the obstacles preventing you from demonstrating confidence
• Explore the effects of confidence
• Learn ways to support confidence through body language, tone and words
• Recognize conflict and learn the skills to manage it
• Learn how and get comfortable with “No”
• Develop critical skills to handle criticism, anger, negativity and confrontation