Writing Skills for Analysts equips those in government to write reports for management, such as problem-solving reports, justifications and proposals. You will begin by analyzing an analytical report and end by drafting your own analytical reports based on scenarios. In between, you will learn the steps to creating an effective analytical report. You will also discuss guidelines to help avoid costly mistakes when writing business reports. You will leave the class with a new understanding of the analytical process and be equipped with a work plan for writing an analytical report.
• Learn the types of analytical reports required on the job
• Define the purpose and readers of the analytical report
• Create a work plan for tackling the analytical report
• Learn three approaches to building a case
• Understand how to present information with the reader in mind, using several organizational techniques