In this Collective Bargaining training course, you will discuss and explore how to operate successfully in a unionized environment. It is important to understand how collective bargaining works, what your role is, and how to work effectively withlabor unions.
The California State Executive Appointment Training Academy is comprised of seven courses. Complete all courses in this series to receive a CEA Academy Certificate.
• Explain the State’s collective bargaining process
• Describe your role in dealing with your labor relations staff, CalHR, and labor organizations
• Explain the difference between positions and interests
• Describe how to set the tone and policy direction for labor-management relations
• Discuss when to meet and confer with the union over changes in departmental policy