This one-day class of effective meeting training is for team leaders, supervisors, project managers and anyone else leading meetings at work. You will learn meeting best practices, such as how to plan for meetings, how to start meetings, keep things going, clarify roles, facilitate and work with difficult attendees.
This class helps you make good use of meeting time, be clear about how decisions are being made and leave meetings knowing that time was used well.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in state service.
• List the three criteria that define a successful meeting
• Prepare agendas for productive meeting focus
• Define the four roles of meeting attendees
• Describe the four decision-making styles in meetings
• Help meetings stay on track and moving ahead
• Deal with various participant problems in meetings