The City of Simi Valley is recruiting an Assistant Public Works Director, this position will be responsible for waterworks operations, sanitation operations, and maintenance operations.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public works operations such as waterworks, sanitation/wastewater, and maintenance.
- Strong management and administration skills and experience.
- An individual that leads by example as well as teaches and educates staff.
- Excellent communicator including presentations at City Councils, Planning Commissions, Neighborhood Organizations, etc, including prepared and presented staff reports and other correspondence to a variety of councils, commissions and committees, boards, and neighborhood organizations.
- Participated directly with other local, regional, state, and federal agencies on Water and Wastewater issues.
- Possession of registration as a professional engineer in the State of California is desirable.