The City of Simi Valley is recruiting an Assistant Public Works Director, this position will be responsible for engineering and environmental compliance.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public works engineering and environmental compliance (stormwater, pre-treatment, HHW and solid waste, water conservation).
- Strong management and administrative skills and experience.
- An individual that leads by example as well as teaches and educates staff.
- Excellent communicator including presentations at City Councils, Planning Commissions, Neighborhood Organizations, etc, including prepared and presented staff reports and other correspondence to a variety of councils, commissions and committees, boards, and neighborhood organizations.
- Participated directly with local, regional, state, and federal agencies.
- Possession of registration as a professional engineer in the State of California is required.