The Department of General Services (DGS) is seeking a State Printer. The Office of State Publishing (OSP) is a multifaceted offset and digital printing operation consisting of approximately 300 employees and an annual budget of around $80 million. Additionally, OSP is responsible for the oversight of 27 statewide printing plants, the printing of critical state publications such as the Voter Information Guide, all legislative bills, and the Governor’s Budget.
The State Printer is responsible for developing strategies and business plans which are consistent with the Department of General Services’ mission which includes but is not limited to:
- Oversight and direction for all core production areas including customer service, graphic design, offset and digital printing, long-term document storage solutions, fulfillment, and interagency mail services
- Developing and maintaining a culture of safety in a production environment
- Efficient fiscal planning and allocation of funds for OSP operations
- Marketing and operational planning based on technological advancements in the industry
- Developing strategies for product development and equipment acquisitions that will ensure OSP meets the needs of its customers
- Providing operational planning and redundancies to ensure no disruption to product delivery and services
- Creating and implementing OSP policies and practices in support of the Department
This is a primarily in-person position located in Sacramento, CA.
Apply by submitting all the required documents, identified below
- Including contact information for three professional references
Responses to the Supplemental Questions below:
- Why are you interested in serving as the State Printer for California?
- Describe your experience in offset, digital, and multi-faceted printing.
- Describe your executive-level leadership experience which makes you qualified for this role.