Team leaders need to know the basic concepts of building and maintaining an effective team. Effective teams produce at higher levels with better quality. Building High Performance Teams will demonstrate the power of teams and show team leaders how to use accountability and responsibility to improve your team’s measurable performance.
The course meets the requirements of Government Code 19995.4(c) of 20-hours of continuing professional education biennially for all levels of supervisors in state service.
• Understand teams, the dynamics of team development and the principles and practices of team building
• Develop a high-performance team
• Develop and maintain team goals, expectations and ground rules
• Establish and clarify team roles and responsibilities
• Foster and promote collaboration and trust among team members
• Empower team members and motivate them to develop buy-in and ownership
• Manage the behavior of “difficult” people on your team
• Develop and maintain team commitment to goals and objectives