This overview of the legislative cycle will help new state executives understand the path of a bill from its introduction in the Legislature to its signature by the Governor. This segment will help you understand how to stay abreast of important legislation and how to have influence when legislation is important to your department.
The California State Executive Appointment Training Academy is comprised of seven courses. Complete all courses in this series to receive a CEA Academy Certificate.
• Describe the legislative process in California
• Understand the bill proposal process
• Discuss how to work with the Department of Finance and Agency/Governor’s Office on significant legislative issues
• Explain the importance of stakeholder outreach
• Review important legislative resources